UK Sausage Week - 30th October - 5th November
UK Sausage Week Rules & Regulations / Terms & Conditions
- The 2018 UK Sausage Week will run from 29th October until 4th November 2018.
- The presentation lunch will take place in London on 29th October 2018.
- Independent Butcher – England: North
- Independent Butcher – England: North East
- Independent Butcher – England: North West
- Independent Butcher – England: West Midlands
- Independent Butcher – England: East Midlands
- Independent Butcher – England: South East
- Independent Butcher – England: South West
- Northern Ireland
- Best Foodservice Sausage
- Best Supermarket/Multiple Retailer Sausage
- Best Manufacturer Own Brand Sausage
- UK Supreme Sausage Champion
- Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of UK Sausage Week will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the meat industry at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to partner a category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the category in question.
- Payment for partnership will be due by 1st July 2018 at the latest, or if booked after 1st July 2018, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
- Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships. A full 100% non refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing within 7 calendar days from the date of the category partnership letter or email confirmation.
- Category partners of the Year 2018 event will get first refusal for partnering the same category again in 2019. The deadline for decisions for the Year 2019 event will be 28th November 2018. After this date the category will be offered to the open market.
- Entry forms for UK Sausage Week will be available to the meat industry through www.uksausageweek.com.
- Independent butchers who also cater for the foodservice market are able to enter catering products into the foodservice category however these must be exclusively foodservice, and not retail.
- Wales, Ireland and Scotland may be judged to include foodservice, retailer or own brand products if the products submitted into the competition judging are from the above countries and deemed a winning sausage.
- The final deadline for entries in relation to the Year 2018 event will be 10th September 2018.
- Winners of categories will normally be informed as soon as possible in writing on a Strictly Private & Confidential basis. The deadline for confirmation by the recipient of any category winner that they are prepared to attend the presentation lunch and collect the category award is 3rd October 2018.
- Category winners will receive one ticket to the presentation lunch on 29th October plus one other ticket for a colleague or guest. Should additional tickets be required these will be available for purchase through the organisers.
- Should any category winner not be in a position to attend the UK Sausage Week lunch or fail to formally confirm that they will accept the category award by 3rd October 2018; the organiser of UK Sausage Week has, at his absolute discretion, the right to rescind the award and pass it on to the first runner-up / finalist in the category concerned. Information provided by UK Sausage Week to award winners in advance of the presentation lunch is strictly private and confidential and may not be divulged to any third party prior to the award being presented. Any breach of this confidentiality may result in the award being rescinded at the absolute discretion of the publisher.
- Category partners will receive free tickets for 2 persons at the presentation lunch as part of their package and must attend the lunch to present the award for the category agreed. The partner accepts this obligation when contracting to UK Sausage Week and accepts that in the event of non-attendance, no credit or refund will be made by the Organisers, Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
- The organisers of the presentation lunch reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the lunch without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to Meat Management magazine or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the presentation lunch.
- The details of the category winners will not be announced until the presentation ceremony. The winners of the award categories are required to maintain the Private & Confidential status of the event until after the formal presentations on 29th October.
- A Sausage Week preview supplement will be published and circulated with the October 2018 edition of Meat Management magazine. This magazine will also detail the partners of the 14 categories. Advertising opportunities will be made available to category partners, or any business or organisations, who in the opinion of the publisher, is suitable for inclusion in this publication. All advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for Meat Management magazine. A copy of these Terms & Conditions are available upon request and available to view at www.meatmanagement.com. A picture round-up of the presentation lunch will appear in the November 2018 issue of Meat Management magazine, confirming the category winners, although the publisher reserves the right to publish these pictures in any edition felt to be appropriate as an alternative. Category winners, finalists and runner-ups and category partners of the 2018 UK Sausage Week accept and agree that their company name may be used in materials to promote present and future awards (without breaching confidentiality), and hereby give authorisation to the organiser of UK Sausage Week.
- If for any reason the organiser of UK Sausage Week 2018 has reason to believe that any form of ‘judge rigging’ or manipulation of judging is being attempted, the organiser has the absolute right, at his discretion, to disqualify the entries in question.
- Details of all judging will be kept private & confidential and names and addresses of judges or how they scored products will not be disclosed for any reason. The judging procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- In the event of a tie, the casting decision will be with the chairman of the judging panel.
- In relation to all rules and regulations covering UK Sausage Week 2018 and the presentation lunch, the organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
© Copyright: These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.
Issued 16th November 2018